Application Due Date: November 15, 2017
About Consumers for Affordable Health Care
Consumers for Affordable Health Care is a fast-paced nonprofit organization whose mission is to advocate for Maine people to be heard, respected, and well-served in a health system that provides coverage, access, and quality, affordable care to all. For nearly 30 years, CAHC has strived to advance health reform and consumer protections through a variety of programs, partnerships and advocacy activities. We work closely with businesses, organizations, and policymakers to ensure a strong consumer voice in decision making at all levels. Our Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) includes a toll-free, statewide HelpLine that handles over 6,000 incoming calls per year from people who need assistance finding or using quality, affordable health coverage
Job Description Summary
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for leading and managing CAHC’s overall operations. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the ED implements, monitors and assesses progress towards the goals and objectives of the CAHC strategic plan.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Leads, coaches and develops the management team and ensures an organizational climate/culture that attracts and retains a highly effective staff.
- Manages organizational and financial resources utilizing sound financial practices and in accordance with legal, contractual, and donor requirements.
- Oversees the development and ensures ongoing implementation and board review of annual budgets, operational plans, policy/legislative agendas, and development plans.
- Reports to the board on progress towards achieving the goals and objectives of the CAHC strategic plan. In collaboration with the board, updates and revises CAHC’s strategic plan.
- Identifies, pursues and supports appropriate fund-raising activities, including grant-writing, fund-raising events, sponsorships, and individual donor requests.
- Oversees grant/project implementation, ensures timely compliance with the requirements of grants/contracts, including the submission of all required reports.
- Develops and supports a strong Board of Directors and board committees. Maintains appropriate and timely communication with the board and committees.
- Provides policy direction, conducts policy analysis, and ensures the implementation of the annual policy/legislative agenda.
- Identifies opportunities to promote CAHC’s mission and programs through meaningful relationships with local, state and national partners and stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with approved CAHC policies and bylaws as well as local, state and federal regulations and reporting requirements and maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Promotes CAHC’s programs, mission and policy/legislative agenda through a variety of communication and public relations strategies including public speaking, conferences, press releases, responses to media/press inquiries, website, and social media.
- Provides technical expertise and support for all CAHC programs and advocacy activities to ensure successful implementation and continued growth.
- Master’s degree in relevant field and/or minimum of 10 years’ experience in the non-profit sector including staff and budget management
- Experience with and commitment to issues related to social justice, healthcare policy/reform, and consumer rights
- Demonstrated innovative, strategic, and solution-oriented thinker
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Proven ability to successfully oversee and collaborate with staff
- Ability to convey a vision of CAHC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated success with a variety of fundraising strategies unique to nonprofit sector, such as grant-writing, sponsorships and individual donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience communicating with press/media
- Ability to interface and engage diverse stakeholders and other partners
Please send the following:
- a cover letter,
- salary requirements,
- résumé, and
- three (3) references
to the attention of Valérie McAuslin via email to email@example.com, or by mail to Consumers for Affordable Health Care, P.O. Box 2490, Augusta, ME 04338-2490.
November 15, 2017