Consumers for Affordable Health Care is seeking a digital engagement specialist to craft and execute our organization’s communications plan in order to meet our strategic goals and grow our online presence.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in social media and digital engagement, with proven results using creative and engaging communications to educate, inform, and persuade. They must be skilled in using digital media and visual communications to communicate complex topics.
This is a contract position, with 20-25 hours of work expected per week on average. The contract is for 12 months, with a longer engagement possible depending on funding. The candidate may work remotely, but will need to travel to Augusta regularly for meetings.
About Consumers for Affordable Health Care
Consumers for Affordable Health Care is a fast-paced nonprofit organization whose mission is to advocate for Maine people to be heard, respected, and well-served in a health system that provides coverage, access, and quality, affordable care to all. We advocate for the right to quality, affordable health care for every Maine person in the Maine Legislature and through other forums. Our Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) runs a toll-free, statewide HelpLine that handles over 5,000 calls per year from people who need assistance finding or using quality, affordable health coverage.
This position reports to the Policy Director and is responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing a communications plan for the CAHC based on our strategic goals and priorities, including metrics of success;
- Leading strategic social media campaigns on issues such as enrolling Maine kids and families in MaineCare, prescription drug price transparency; and maintaining and advancing the coverage gains made through Affordable Care Act;
- Managing and growing CAHC’s online presence, including social media, digital calls-to-action, and the CAHC website (www.mainecahc.org)
- Collecting and sharing the stories of Maine people impacted by health coverage, access, and affordability using social media and other online tools;
We’re seeking candidates who are creative, results-oriented, self-motivated, and who are strong strategic thinkers. You should have:
- A track record of achieving results using Facebook, Twitter, email platforms such as Constant Contact, and other online media;
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written); a proven ability to communicate about complex issues in a clear and engaging way, and to use persuasive language and images;
- Ability to meet deadlines, and complete multiple assignments under tight time constraints;
- Experience creating engaging images for use on social media;
- Ability to exercise strong critical thinking and problem solving skills both independently and as part of a team
- A commitment to social justice, and a passion for helping people get quality, affordable health care
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a communications or marketing, or equivalent education and experience. Experience and expertise with health literacy, health advocacy and a demonstrated commitment to social justice issues are strong pluses. Experience in campaign marketing highly preferred.
CAHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, digital portfolio or other sample of your work, résumé, and three (3) references to the attention of Valérie McAuslin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Consumers for Affordable Health Care, P.O. Box 2490, Augusta, ME 04338-2490.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Position will be posted until filled.