As you may have heard, some health insurance companies who offer individual Obamacare plans on the Marketplace or Exchange in Maine and off are going to raise their premium rates for the next plan year (starting in January 2017).
The Maine Bureau of Insurance is holding rate review public hearings for each of the insurance companies on the following dates:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield 2017 Individual Rate Filing
- Hearing Date: July 20, 2016, 9 a.m.
- Aetna Health, Inc. 2017 “Whole Health” Individual Rate Filing
- Hearing Date: July 22, 2016, 9 a.m.
- Maine Community Health Options 2017 Individual Rate Filing
- Hearing Date: July 26, 2016, 9 a.m.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Inc. 2017 Individual HMO Rate Filing and HPHC Insurance Co., Inc. 2017 Individual PPO Rate Filing *Consolidated*
- Hearing Date: July 28, 2016, 9 a.m.
If you have an individual or Marketplace plan with one of these insurance companies this year or think you might want to have a plan with one of them next year, you can go to these public hearings and tell the Superintendent of Insurance how you feel about the rate change, or premium increase or how it may affect you.
These hearings will be held at the Maine Bureau of Insurance at 76 Northern Avenue, Gardiner, Maine in the Central Conference Room.
Or, you could also submit your comments in writing to the Superintendent. Comments can be submitted by e-mail or postal mail at these addresses:
By U.S. Mail: Eric Cioppa, Superintendent
Attn: Elena Crowley
Bureau of Insurance
Maine Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
#34 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0034