Tell us your story
We advocate for quality, affordable health care for every person in Maine. To do the best job we can in advocating for you, we need to hear from you!
We collect stories about difficulties related to health care or coverage. This helps us to know what the biggest issues are that people are facing, and how we might be able to address those issues though our advocacy, legal, policy, or other work. Read the stories of other people we have helped.
If you or someone you know has…
- Bought health insurance thinking you were covered, only to find out that the service you needed was not covered;
- Not filled a prescription, cut pills in half, skipped a recommended test or follow-up, or had a medical problem but did not go to the doctor because you could not afford to;
- Had trouble paying your medical bills or struggled to pay off a large amount of medical debt;
- Bought health insurance that didn’t cover services for a specific health condition because that health condition existed before your coverage started (often called a “preexisting condition exclusion”); or,
- Experienced some other health care coverage related problem,
…then we want to hear from you!
Thank you for sharing your story.